Aside from all of this rain, I am so excited for beautiful spring; The birds are chirping, the grass is green and the air is crisp. I love a good bedroom refresh right around Mother’s Day to add some beauty from the season into my home decor to enjoy wth my little lambs.
Kim Hoover of Apple of Our Eye Photography came by to snap some photos of us in our updated space and I ended up with the sweetest captures ever- I couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day Gift! How phenomenal she is at catching life’s most treasured moments when we don’t even realize the memories we’re making. Patient, personable and such a beautiful soul- I was so happy to look back at Kim’s photography after such a crazy whirlwind of a day to see that she never missed a beat and caught the sweetest moments with my lambs even when they weren’t being so sweet- Gisele, your artwork on the sofa was fabulous darling but had to go! Haha!
Keep reading for my top tips on adding some bits of spring into your home décor… Happy decorating lambs!
- Declutter. Get rid of any unwanted details, clothing or belongings by tossing, donating or giving away.
- Add a Pop of Color. My favorite is definitely a neutral bedroom because I just love that it always feels fresh and new but adding a pop of blue has never felt better. I ordered the Petite Sloan Accent Chair from Interior Define and couldn’t believe how easy it was to design the perfect accent piece for our space. With tons of colors, fabrics and finishes to choose from- designing the perfect chair seemed almost effortless. I love that the velvet material added some texture to the room and the matte brass legs added the perfect splash of alloy. But most importantly, the chairs are beyond comfortable- providing the perfect place to reflect while I enjoy my morning cup of coffee.
- Add Texture. Its no surprise that I designed a white linen bed from Interior Define. I love how sleek the tall headboard and matte brass legs are and that I can dress it up with new bedding and throw pillows whenever I want. For our spring refresh, I added some large knit pillows and some faux shearling- keeping it clean and simple.
- Add Spring Florals. Adding fresh flowers undoubtedly always brings out the scent of spring. My favorite are fresh tulips and peonies and I usually pick these up at the local farmer’s market.
- Let in Natural Light. Opening the windows, pulling back the blinds and letting in natural light are the perfect reminder to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.